Skip to main content

My Antonio: Recap for October 18th

On Sunday's My Antonio, each of the three remaining women got a date with Antonio without having to win any challenges. Brooke's date came first and she got to spend almost an entire day with Antonio out on the ocean. And because Tully was still in the hospital recovering from her horseback riding injuries, Miranda's date came later that night. Brooke's date involved snorkeling and surfing with lots of smooches in between, while Miranda had to earn the kisses she received by playing a taste testing game. Antonio blindfolded her and gave her different pieces of food to taste and every time she correctly guessed what she was tasting he gave her a kiss. Miranda thought this was one of the best dates she had ever been on, but I just keep thinking that if this had been a date with a "regular" guy, she would have thought he was either really cheap or just using her for market research. I mean as far as dates go, they don't come any cheaper than this one. It took place right outside Antonio's suite, where Miranda was treated to an assortment of fruit, oh, and an oyster on the half shell, which she guessed by the way, but failed to receive a kiss. The fruit probably came from some sort of gift basket the show placed inside Antonio's suite. And as for the oyster, I maintain that this was just a common slug Antonio placed on a shell he found in the ocean during his date with Brooke. From what I could see the only money actually spent for this date was on the blindfold, but even that was probably recycled from the fruit basket. To be fair, I did fail to mention the helicopter ride prior to the actual date, but since Antonio has taken so many of his dates on a helicopter he is bound to be enrolled in some sort of frequent flier program.

The dates only got cheaper from there when Antonio brought Tully home from the hospital, and they spent time together outside on a bench. Granted, Tully had been advised by the doctors to take it easy, but it looks like Antonio could have at least treated her to a romantic dinner or something. I am sure he still had some fruit leftover from his date with Miranda so he wouldn't have been out any extra expenses. Nevertheless, this date had the potential to bring Tully and Antonio back together, as they actually seemed to make a real connection for the first time since the show began, and Antonio admitted that he loved her. However all of that progress came to a screeching halt later on at the elimination dinner when Tully arrived wearing a wedding dress. She even brought along pictures of her life with Antonio and insisted that he look at them with her. Quite frankly this made her seem a bit desperate, if not a little unstable. In fact Antonio seemed sort of scared by the whole display because moments later he began the elimination and sent Tully home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Ways General Hospital Could Improve

I doubt if I'm alone in saying that there is a lot wrong with General Hospital these days. While it continues to be one of my favorite soaps there are many changes I would make immediately if I had the power. Below is a list of the top ten suggestions I have for the way the show could improve. 1. The Claire/Sonny storyline needs to be dropped. It isn't working. Their conversations are boring and the context of their relationship is, well...icky. 2. Amp up Lisa's craziness. Despite my earlier distaste for a Robin/Patrick/Lisa triangle, the obsessed ex-girlfriend angle is working. It's interesting and very soapy. 3. Ronnie needs to be established as either a cop with a chip on his shoulder or someone who works for Franco. So far I haven't been able to tell whether Ronnie falls more on the side of good or bad because this character hasn't been clearly defined. 4. Brenda's life away from Port Charles and the people that surround it need to become an int...

Darkness and Light: GH

Like many General Hospital fans, I watch the show everyday in a blissful state of denial, never acknowledging the fact that Sonny and Jason are criminals. I find it easy to denounce Mac when he is urging Maxie to stay away from Spinelli, and I cheer for Diane whenever she keeps someone from the Corinthos organization from going to prison. However, as I watched the events of the week unfold, knowing that they were inevitably going to lead to Dante's shooting, my rose-colored glasses came off and I quickly snapped back to reality. I found myself repulsed watching Jason standing in the church during Josslyn's christening, knowing that he had just signed Dante's death certificate without giving it a second thought. I was even repulsed by Spinelli, whose detective work set everything into motion. Moreover, I was sickened by his cavalier attitude regarding Dante's imminent demise, and the fact that he never showed an ounce of remorse or regret until Maxie told him that Lulu h...

Crazy Loves Company: GH

If ever there was a storyline or a character over utilized it would be the saga of Lisa Niles. I am both mentally and physically exhausted by the constant back and forth between Lisa & Robin, Lisa & Patrick, Robin & Patrick, and Robin & everyone else. Now new doctor Terrell has been thrown into the mix as another man powerless against Lisa's charms. It is difficult enough at this point to watch Lisa create a path of destruction all by herself, but now that she has help I'm not sure I have the energy to watch any more of her schemes. Lisa had the potential to be an intriguing soap villain; and for a while it seemed like she may have had the potential to be a redeemable villain (see Miss Diagnosis ). However her crazy behavior as well as the motivation behind this behavior is too much to grasp, particularly for someone who supposedly passed her psych evaluation at Shady Brook. Moreover it doesn't make sense that she could talk someone like Terrell into helping...