Skip to main content

My New Obsession: L.A. Macabre

I can't believe it has almost been five years since I first told you about the web series L.A. Macabre. 

As you may recall, L.A. Macabre is very much a show within a show, where the main characters have a web series called L.A. Macabre, which explores notorious, real-life crime stories in Los Angeles. 


The focus of that show soon shifts to a former cult called "The New Family," bringing a lot of unwanted attention to Ryan, Jamie, and Colin, the show's creators. 

This ultimately leads to Jamie's mysterious disappearance in the last episode of season 1.

Ryan Bartley (Jamie) in Season 2 of L.A. Macabre

Recently, I had the privilege of getting a sneak peek of L.A. Macabre's long-awaited second season and all I can say is WOW!

As impressed as I was by the show's first season, season two surpassed all of my expectations. Everything is bigger this season - the show's settings, the storyline, and the exceptionally talented cast.

I particularly enjoyed the addition of actor Joel Bryant, whose pivotal role brings some much needed comedic relief to the show's second season, which is even more intense than the first.

Aidan Bristow (Colin) and Ryan Hellquist (Ryan) in Season 2 of L.A. Macabre

Robert Broski (Smiley) and Jenna Hellmuth (Ava) in Season 2 of L.A. Macabre

While I don't want to give anything away about season 2, I am told that it was produced with a very small crew and a tiny budget. And I have to say that if producer Dan Ast and company can put together a show of this caliber with so little, then they have truly raised the bar for every other series out there.

Corsica Wilson (Callie) in Season 2 of L.A. Macabre

Season 1 of L.A. Macabre has been re-formatted and will be released along with season 2 at a later date. Keep checking back here for updates on when and where you can watch both seasons. In the meantime, here are a couple of teasers to tide you over:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Ways General Hospital Could Improve

I doubt if I'm alone in saying that there is a lot wrong with General Hospital these days. While it continues to be one of my favorite soaps there are many changes I would make immediately if I had the power. Below is a list of the top ten suggestions I have for the way the show could improve. 1. The Claire/Sonny storyline needs to be dropped. It isn't working. Their conversations are boring and the context of their relationship is, well...icky. 2. Amp up Lisa's craziness. Despite my earlier distaste for a Robin/Patrick/Lisa triangle, the obsessed ex-girlfriend angle is working. It's interesting and very soapy. 3. Ronnie needs to be established as either a cop with a chip on his shoulder or someone who works for Franco. So far I haven't been able to tell whether Ronnie falls more on the side of good or bad because this character hasn't been clearly defined. 4. Brenda's life away from Port Charles and the people that surround it need to become an int...

Darkness and Light: GH

Like many General Hospital fans, I watch the show everyday in a blissful state of denial, never acknowledging the fact that Sonny and Jason are criminals. I find it easy to denounce Mac when he is urging Maxie to stay away from Spinelli, and I cheer for Diane whenever she keeps someone from the Corinthos organization from going to prison. However, as I watched the events of the week unfold, knowing that they were inevitably going to lead to Dante's shooting, my rose-colored glasses came off and I quickly snapped back to reality. I found myself repulsed watching Jason standing in the church during Josslyn's christening, knowing that he had just signed Dante's death certificate without giving it a second thought. I was even repulsed by Spinelli, whose detective work set everything into motion. Moreover, I was sickened by his cavalier attitude regarding Dante's imminent demise, and the fact that he never showed an ounce of remorse or regret until Maxie told him that Lulu h...

Crazy Loves Company: GH

If ever there was a storyline or a character over utilized it would be the saga of Lisa Niles. I am both mentally and physically exhausted by the constant back and forth between Lisa & Robin, Lisa & Patrick, Robin & Patrick, and Robin & everyone else. Now new doctor Terrell has been thrown into the mix as another man powerless against Lisa's charms. It is difficult enough at this point to watch Lisa create a path of destruction all by herself, but now that she has help I'm not sure I have the energy to watch any more of her schemes. Lisa had the potential to be an intriguing soap villain; and for a while it seemed like she may have had the potential to be a redeemable villain (see Miss Diagnosis ). However her crazy behavior as well as the motivation behind this behavior is too much to grasp, particularly for someone who supposedly passed her psych evaluation at Shady Brook. Moreover it doesn't make sense that she could talk someone like Terrell into helping...