Skip to main content

Caught In a Trap: GH

The plot thickened on Monday's General Hospital as Jerry took Sam hostage and revealed his plan to trap Jason. While Sam was calling Jason to give him directions to a location specified by Jerry, Michael remembered hearing Jerry's voice while he was in the coma. Michael's instincts then took over and he persuaded Kristina to continue their journey without Jerry's help. Meanwhile Jason was on his way to find Sam and Jerry after Sam warned him over the phone that Jerry was setting a trap. This trap may turn out to be only a small part of Jerry's diabolical plan as Michael and Kristina discovered that they were essentially being held captive when they were met with a guard outside the door as they were trying to leave. Jerry's plans for Sam became even more twisted after he locked her in a dark room and handcuffed her to a chair, where she was later informed that Jerry had sold her to another man.

While all of this is likely to turn out to be one of Jerry's elaborate plans to kill Jason I am still having difficulty understanding why Jason is such an important target for Jerry. It is not as if Jason were the only person to try to kill Jerry. He has made quite a few enemies all over the world. Moreover Jerry was out of town when Claudia called him and was presumably conducting business away from Port Charles, so why is the idea of killing Jason all of a sudden so appealing to him? And why did he decide to stop blackmailing Claudia? I am still waiting for the truth to come out about her involvement in Michael's shooting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Ways General Hospital Could Improve

I doubt if I'm alone in saying that there is a lot wrong with General Hospital these days. While it continues to be one of my favorite soaps there are many changes I would make immediately if I had the power. Below is a list of the top ten suggestions I have for the way the show could improve. 1. The Claire/Sonny storyline needs to be dropped. It isn't working. Their conversations are boring and the context of their relationship is, well...icky. 2. Amp up Lisa's craziness. Despite my earlier distaste for a Robin/Patrick/Lisa triangle, the obsessed ex-girlfriend angle is working. It's interesting and very soapy. 3. Ronnie needs to be established as either a cop with a chip on his shoulder or someone who works for Franco. So far I haven't been able to tell whether Ronnie falls more on the side of good or bad because this character hasn't been clearly defined. 4. Brenda's life away from Port Charles and the people that surround it need to become an int...

Darkness and Light: GH

Like many General Hospital fans, I watch the show everyday in a blissful state of denial, never acknowledging the fact that Sonny and Jason are criminals. I find it easy to denounce Mac when he is urging Maxie to stay away from Spinelli, and I cheer for Diane whenever she keeps someone from the Corinthos organization from going to prison. However, as I watched the events of the week unfold, knowing that they were inevitably going to lead to Dante's shooting, my rose-colored glasses came off and I quickly snapped back to reality. I found myself repulsed watching Jason standing in the church during Josslyn's christening, knowing that he had just signed Dante's death certificate without giving it a second thought. I was even repulsed by Spinelli, whose detective work set everything into motion. Moreover, I was sickened by his cavalier attitude regarding Dante's imminent demise, and the fact that he never showed an ounce of remorse or regret until Maxie told him that Lulu h...

Crazy Loves Company: GH

If ever there was a storyline or a character over utilized it would be the saga of Lisa Niles. I am both mentally and physically exhausted by the constant back and forth between Lisa & Robin, Lisa & Patrick, Robin & Patrick, and Robin & everyone else. Now new doctor Terrell has been thrown into the mix as another man powerless against Lisa's charms. It is difficult enough at this point to watch Lisa create a path of destruction all by herself, but now that she has help I'm not sure I have the energy to watch any more of her schemes. Lisa had the potential to be an intriguing soap villain; and for a while it seemed like she may have had the potential to be a redeemable villain (see Miss Diagnosis ). However her crazy behavior as well as the motivation behind this behavior is too much to grasp, particularly for someone who supposedly passed her psych evaluation at Shady Brook. Moreover it doesn't make sense that she could talk someone like Terrell into helping...