Skip to main content

NEW WEBSERIES ALERT: Personal Space

There is an exciting new web series on the horizon called Personal Space! It is a sic-fi dramedy set in - you guessed it - space! This is an ambitious and ground breaking project which features an all star cast with impressive credits under their belt, including Battlestar Galactica, Sons of Anarchy, and the web series Emma Approved.




In Personal Space, the therapy sessions of astronauts are broadcast as reality television without their consent or knowledge. I imagine it to be a little like The Truman Show, except in space.



Personal Space will also include a character who is disabled. While not a new concept, this character will learn to live with his disability rather than experience a miraculous recovery down the road. 






Julia Aks as Stephanie Park
in Personal Space 

Women will also be prominent in this web series, from the writing team to the cast, which is about 50% female.
  
Nicki Clyne as Gail Gartner
in Personal Space

Vivi Thai as Deborah Li
in Personal Space 





I am so honored to have been given the chance to help spread the word about this project and I hope that if it gets made everyone will tune in. That's right! Personal Space can only  come to life with your help!




Sean Persaud as Stan Blaszkiewicz
in Personal Space 
As you can imagine creating a web series of this caliber requires money, so if you want to see it come to fruition your help is needed! The creators of Personal Space are hoping to raise enough money that they can get their show aired on the Hulu affiliate Share TV later this year, so they have started a crowdfunding campaign on Kickstarter with plenty 'o perks for their backers! 


Kurt Yaeger as Leonard Freeman
in Personal Space 

They are about halfway to their goal, but you still have time to donate because the campaign runs through May 25th!  Just visit
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tomrpike/personal-space-a-science-fiction-webseries?token=488d9f74 to make a donation and to find out more about this project! And remember every little bit helps! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Ways General Hospital Could Improve

I doubt if I'm alone in saying that there is a lot wrong with General Hospital these days. While it continues to be one of my favorite soaps there are many changes I would make immediately if I had the power. Below is a list of the top ten suggestions I have for the way the show could improve. 1. The Claire/Sonny storyline needs to be dropped. It isn't working. Their conversations are boring and the context of their relationship is, well...icky. 2. Amp up Lisa's craziness. Despite my earlier distaste for a Robin/Patrick/Lisa triangle, the obsessed ex-girlfriend angle is working. It's interesting and very soapy. 3. Ronnie needs to be established as either a cop with a chip on his shoulder or someone who works for Franco. So far I haven't been able to tell whether Ronnie falls more on the side of good or bad because this character hasn't been clearly defined. 4. Brenda's life away from Port Charles and the people that surround it need to become an int...

Darkness and Light: GH

Like many General Hospital fans, I watch the show everyday in a blissful state of denial, never acknowledging the fact that Sonny and Jason are criminals. I find it easy to denounce Mac when he is urging Maxie to stay away from Spinelli, and I cheer for Diane whenever she keeps someone from the Corinthos organization from going to prison. However, as I watched the events of the week unfold, knowing that they were inevitably going to lead to Dante's shooting, my rose-colored glasses came off and I quickly snapped back to reality. I found myself repulsed watching Jason standing in the church during Josslyn's christening, knowing that he had just signed Dante's death certificate without giving it a second thought. I was even repulsed by Spinelli, whose detective work set everything into motion. Moreover, I was sickened by his cavalier attitude regarding Dante's imminent demise, and the fact that he never showed an ounce of remorse or regret until Maxie told him that Lulu h...

Crazy Loves Company: GH

If ever there was a storyline or a character over utilized it would be the saga of Lisa Niles. I am both mentally and physically exhausted by the constant back and forth between Lisa & Robin, Lisa & Patrick, Robin & Patrick, and Robin & everyone else. Now new doctor Terrell has been thrown into the mix as another man powerless against Lisa's charms. It is difficult enough at this point to watch Lisa create a path of destruction all by herself, but now that she has help I'm not sure I have the energy to watch any more of her schemes. Lisa had the potential to be an intriguing soap villain; and for a while it seemed like she may have had the potential to be a redeemable villain (see Miss Diagnosis ). However her crazy behavior as well as the motivation behind this behavior is too much to grasp, particularly for someone who supposedly passed her psych evaluation at Shady Brook. Moreover it doesn't make sense that she could talk someone like Terrell into helping...