Skip to main content

Paula's Soapbox Live

Several weeks ago I announced that I would be unveiling some new features on "Paula's Soapbox" in honor of the one year anniversary which is on May 28th. A few nights ago I announced that one of those features would be a new look for the blog, something that I hope will be both aesthetically pleasing and user-friendly. That is still in the works, but may take some time to fully implement. However, I am very excited to report that I will be unveiling another new feature that takes effect this week. On Friday night at 11:00 PM central time, "Paula's Soapbox" is going live, on the air, through blog talk radio. I will still be submitting blog posts, the live show will just be an extension of that. On the show I plan to give weekly recaps of both General Hospital and Days of Our Lives to get you caught up before each show airs the following week. I have scheduled a short podcast this Friday so there probably will not be time for me to take callers for that particular show, but I suspect I will be asking people to call in to future episodes. I realize Friday's time is rather late and some of you may miss it as a result, but the show should be archived shortly after completion so those that want can listen later. I have placed a widget under the tab "Paula's Soapbox Live" where you can listen to any archived shows and/or visit the main site of "Paula's Soapbox Live" on blogtalkradio.com, where you can listen and participate in live shows. I hope you enjoy the new features because I have been looking forward to bringing them to you!

Comments

  1. Thanks! So far you are the only one who seems to think so. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm on the West Coast...I can't wait to listen in and hopefully comment on GH.
    Sistah7

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paula,

    I think this is a great idea and I loved hearing you last week. It kinda puts the personality into your blog. I could tell you were nervous but you're, to quote Kipling, "You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din! "!

    So, anyone besides me getting a wee bit tired of the new Michael's pinch-faced baby look which appears to be one of the few emotive looks he has? I'm trying, really trying to make the transition.


    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Peggy!

    Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed listening to it. I definitely think there is something about blog talk radio that makes you inherently nervous. It's probably the fact that you have to listen and watch a countdown before you ever go on air, then the words "on air" start flashing, and it's like oh yeah I have to start talking now and if I mess up too bad it's live I can't start over. lol!

    Yeah, I definitely can't get onboard with the new Michael yet. I keep trying but they really picked a bad time to recast this part. I don't feel invested anymore.


    Paula

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Could Guiding Light Alum Stephanie Gatschet Be Looking to Return to Daytime?

I stumbled upon something interesting while scrolling through Instagram last night. It was a comment posted in response to a General Hospital video. The video was reposted by actress Laura Wright (Carly, GH; ex-Cassie,GL). The response came from actress Stephanie Gatschet.

You may recall that in addition to playing Madison North on All My Children, Gatschet played Cassie's daughter, Tammy, on Guiding Light.

Gatschet's comment to Wright was "I miss creating melodrama...keep an eye out for a good role for little ol' me. I wanna play!"  (Check out the screenshot below)



So could Gatschet be eyeing a return to daytime? How cool would it be to see her starring opposite Laura Wright again?

Gatschet most recently starred in the web series Misguided.

Carolyn Hennesy Appears in New Fitz and the Tantrums Music Video!

GH fave Carolyn Hennesy (Diane) has just added music video star to her resume! The actress appears in the video for the song "Fool" by pop group Fitz and the Tantrums. 
To learn more about Fitz and the Tantrums, visit their website at http://www.fitzandthetantrums.com
See the video for "Fool" starring Carolyn Hennesy below:





GL Alum Launches Indiegogo Campaign for Music Video!

UPDATE: Morgan Englund's Indiegogo campaign is now 76% funded. To meet his goal, $2,418 will need to be donated by June 2nd. 

To hear Morgan talk about his song Homeward Bound, be sure to check out my interview with him from last week at https://youtu.be/5Dyq4Tc7H-Y

Guiding Light alum Morgan Englund (Dylan Lewis) has launched an Indiegogo campaign to help fund a music video for a song he wrote called "Homeward Bound (A Firefighter's Song)", a fitting title and song for the actor who has worked as both a firefighter and paramedic. 

Englund is hoping to raise $10,000 for the creation of the video, which will be directed by Andrea Shreeman. So far $3,199 has been donated to the campaign with a month left to go. Numerous perks are up for grabs for those wishing to contribute to the video's funding. $5 will get you a thank you shout out on social media from Englund, while the biggest perk, at $1500, will earn you an executive producer credit and a VIP visit to the set. 


F…