I need to backtrack on something I touched on in an earlier post about the paternity test for Chloe's baby. I thought that it was completely unrealistic that Cane would use Phillip's blood for that test, primarily because I thought Cane was the type of guy who would take responsibility for his own child. I guess Cane was more scared of the prospect of being the father of Chloe's baby than I thought because Monday's Y&R explained that Cane used Phillip's blood to exclude him from being the father of Chloe's baby. This is without a doubt the first explanation I have heard on Y&R in months that actually makes sense. After hearing this explanation I re-read my post titled Raising Cane and it is clear that all of the DNA tests had me somewhat confused. I guess I should probably let myself off the hook for that considering that it seems like almost all of the storylines on Y&R have included multiple DNA tests with varying results. Let's hope this reveal that the real Phillip faked his own death will put an end to all the DNA testing for a while and that the next big reveal will not be that Mac and Billy are actually related.
I doubt if I'm alone in saying that there is a lot wrong with General Hospital these days. While it continues to be one of my favorite soaps there are many changes I would make immediately if I had the power. Below is a list of the top ten suggestions I have for the way the show could improve. 1. The Claire/Sonny storyline needs to be dropped. It isn't working. Their conversations are boring and the context of their relationship is, well...icky. 2. Amp up Lisa's craziness. Despite my earlier distaste for a Robin/Patrick/Lisa triangle, the obsessed ex-girlfriend angle is working. It's interesting and very soapy. 3. Ronnie needs to be established as either a cop with a chip on his shoulder or someone who works for Franco. So far I haven't been able to tell whether Ronnie falls more on the side of good or bad because this character hasn't been clearly defined. 4. Brenda's life away from Port Charles and the people that surround it need to become an int...
Comments
Post a Comment