Skip to main content

Hidden Dangers: GH

Brenda has been back on General Hospital for a while now and I have yet to say much of her return. This is primarily because I was waiting to see how everything would play out. In addition, a theory has been swirling around in my mind about the people in her life and I thought it necessary to watch a little more of the show to see if this theory would take shape.

The first day I saw Murphy's interaction with Brenda I thought "what if this guy isn't the nice guy he appears to be?" "what if he were responsible for the attempts on Brenda's life?" It would certainly add dimension to this character and provide an excuse for Brenda to leave him for good; but as I continued to watch the show I also thought "what if Murphy wasn't acting alone in placing Brenda in danger?" "what if Suzanne were somehow involved?" Both Murphy and Suzanne seem almost obsessive about Brenda's safety to the point of controlling her more than protecting her.




I am particularly suspicious about Brenda's latest attack last Friday. Suzanne left her alone, presumably without adequate protection, causing Brenda to be grabbed yet again. This only supports my theory that Suzanne is somehow involved in putting her in harm's way.




The timing of this latest attempt on Brenda's life came just moments after Suzanne told her she would need to leave Rome if anything else happened. This seems suspicious to me, like Suzanne arranged for Brenda to be scared into leaving, which begs the question "danger aside, what's in Rome that Suzanne wants Brenda away from?"  I also have suspicions regarding Murphy's statement about how the men that grabbed him just let him go. That outcome seems a little too convenient somehow, which only fuels my speculation that Murphy is not who he appears to be.




Again, these are just my personal theories. It is quite probable that all of my speculating will turn out to be a waste as it was with my elaborate CO77X theories. Although I'll have to admit if that storyline had gone the way I thought it would I wouldn't have spent the majority of my time watching GH in fast forward.

Comments

  1. Paula,

    Well, you know there have been actors in the past with "second careers" in spying, and other things. So it could be the case with Murphy. I thought the scene where he was grabbed and then the gun went off was either highly suspicious or bad writing. No one seemed alarmed after they heard the shot, and it looked like Brenda's attention span snapped. (okay I don't like her)

    I do find it odd that right after Suzanne gets Brenda to agree to leave, something happens. And Murphy keeps showing up at odd times, too.

    So do you think we'll find out who was snooping through Brenda's suite in the hoodie?

    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Peggy!

    I thought the same thing about the scene where he was grabbed. I couldn't tell at first if we were supposed to read something else into that or not. In fact I'm still not entirely sure what to think about it. And you are right Murphy does keep showing up at odd times.

    I think the guy that's been snooping around Brenda's suite is Franco, aka the Balkan. Just a thought! :)

    Paula

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Could Guiding Light Alum Stephanie Gatschet Be Looking to Return to Daytime?

I stumbled upon something interesting while scrolling through Instagram last night. It was a comment posted in response to a General Hospital video. The video was reposted by actress Laura Wright (Carly, GH; ex-Cassie,GL). The response came from actress Stephanie Gatschet.

You may recall that in addition to playing Madison North on All My Children, Gatschet played Cassie's daughter, Tammy, on Guiding Light.

Gatschet's comment to Wright was "I miss creating melodrama...keep an eye out for a good role for little ol' me. I wanna play!"  (Check out the screenshot below)



So could Gatschet be eyeing a return to daytime? How cool would it be to see her starring opposite Laura Wright again?

Gatschet most recently starred in the web series Misguided.

Carolyn Hennesy Appears in New Fitz and the Tantrums Music Video!

GH fave Carolyn Hennesy (Diane) has just added music video star to her resume! The actress appears in the video for the song "Fool" by pop group Fitz and the Tantrums. 
To learn more about Fitz and the Tantrums, visit their website at http://www.fitzandthetantrums.com
See the video for "Fool" starring Carolyn Hennesy below:





GL Alum Launches Indiegogo Campaign for Music Video!

UPDATE: Morgan Englund's Indiegogo campaign is now 76% funded. To meet his goal, $2,418 will need to be donated by June 2nd. 

To hear Morgan talk about his song Homeward Bound, be sure to check out my interview with him from last week at https://youtu.be/5Dyq4Tc7H-Y

Guiding Light alum Morgan Englund (Dylan Lewis) has launched an Indiegogo campaign to help fund a music video for a song he wrote called "Homeward Bound (A Firefighter's Song)", a fitting title and song for the actor who has worked as both a firefighter and paramedic. 

Englund is hoping to raise $10,000 for the creation of the video, which will be directed by Andrea Shreeman. So far $3,199 has been donated to the campaign with a month left to go. Numerous perks are up for grabs for those wishing to contribute to the video's funding. $5 will get you a thank you shout out on social media from Englund, while the biggest perk, at $1500, will earn you an executive producer credit and a VIP visit to the set. 


F…