Skip to main content

All About Mia: DOOL

After months of allowing herself to be deceived and manipulated by Nicole and Stefano so that she could keep her baby's adoption intact, only to find out that said baby wasn't hers because her baby had died, one would think that Mia would have enough drama to last a lifetime. Instead it seems that she has picked up a few bad habits from Nicole because she has turned to manipulating Gabi in order to stake her claim on Chad, someone she didn't seem to want a few weeks ago. As if the Mia character wasn't irritating enough already, this newly calculative Mia is actually making me feel sorry for Gabi, which only makes her that much more irritating. I was stunned that she used Nicole's hearing as an opportunity to drive a wedge between Chad and Gabi, the same hearing that they were discussing her baby's death and the kidnapping of Will's baby sister. In doing this she not only undermined Will's importance in her life, but Sydney and Grace's as well...and people are ready to hang Nicole in the town square! I suppose one could make the argument that Mia is fighting to hold on to Chad because he is the only real connection she has with her daughter. And while this is entirely possible, at the very least her behavior denotes an overall lack of maturity, which proves that she was correct to assume her child might find a better life through adoption. It is just too bad those keen instincts have since dulled.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Ways General Hospital Could Improve

I doubt if I'm alone in saying that there is a lot wrong with General Hospital these days. While it continues to be one of my favorite soaps there are many changes I would make immediately if I had the power. Below is a list of the top ten suggestions I have for the way the show could improve. 1. The Claire/Sonny storyline needs to be dropped. It isn't working. Their conversations are boring and the context of their relationship is, well...icky. 2. Amp up Lisa's craziness. Despite my earlier distaste for a Robin/Patrick/Lisa triangle, the obsessed ex-girlfriend angle is working. It's interesting and very soapy. 3. Ronnie needs to be established as either a cop with a chip on his shoulder or someone who works for Franco. So far I haven't been able to tell whether Ronnie falls more on the side of good or bad because this character hasn't been clearly defined. 4. Brenda's life away from Port Charles and the people that surround it need to become an int...

Darkness and Light: GH

Like many General Hospital fans, I watch the show everyday in a blissful state of denial, never acknowledging the fact that Sonny and Jason are criminals. I find it easy to denounce Mac when he is urging Maxie to stay away from Spinelli, and I cheer for Diane whenever she keeps someone from the Corinthos organization from going to prison. However, as I watched the events of the week unfold, knowing that they were inevitably going to lead to Dante's shooting, my rose-colored glasses came off and I quickly snapped back to reality. I found myself repulsed watching Jason standing in the church during Josslyn's christening, knowing that he had just signed Dante's death certificate without giving it a second thought. I was even repulsed by Spinelli, whose detective work set everything into motion. Moreover, I was sickened by his cavalier attitude regarding Dante's imminent demise, and the fact that he never showed an ounce of remorse or regret until Maxie told him that Lulu h...

Crazy Loves Company: GH

If ever there was a storyline or a character over utilized it would be the saga of Lisa Niles. I am both mentally and physically exhausted by the constant back and forth between Lisa & Robin, Lisa & Patrick, Robin & Patrick, and Robin & everyone else. Now new doctor Terrell has been thrown into the mix as another man powerless against Lisa's charms. It is difficult enough at this point to watch Lisa create a path of destruction all by herself, but now that she has help I'm not sure I have the energy to watch any more of her schemes. Lisa had the potential to be an intriguing soap villain; and for a while it seemed like she may have had the potential to be a redeemable villain (see Miss Diagnosis ). However her crazy behavior as well as the motivation behind this behavior is too much to grasp, particularly for someone who supposedly passed her psych evaluation at Shady Brook. Moreover it doesn't make sense that she could talk someone like Terrell into helping...